The Camera Tools for Heros app allows you control GoPro® cameras, including live preview and media download.
The Camera Tools for Heros app offers the following features.
- Supports GoPro Hero 5/6/7/8/9/Max/Fusion cameras.
- Available for Android, Apple iOS, macOS, Raspberry Pi, and Microsoft Windows.
- Fast access to the camera via Bluetooth LE.
- Start and stop recording, and tag moments on multiple cameras at the same time.
- Change camera settings.
- Create and edit presets on Hero 8 and newer models.
- Show the live preview of one camera in full screen mode.
- Download media (photos, videos) from one camera.
- Create time-lapse series with individual intervals and custom date/time slots.
- Quick capturing tool for automatically connecting to the camera, start/stop recording, and power off the camera if the camera is not accessible (e.g. during motor cycling when mounted on the helmet).
- Desktop: Command server for controlling the app and cameras via HTTP commands (click here for details).
The Live Streamer app communicates with the camera via Bluetooth LE. The live preview and media download is done via WiFi.
- Android: no special requirements.
- iOS: no special requirements.
- macOS: The Macbook has to support at least Bluetooth LMP version 0x6. Please check out this video for instructions. All models starting with 2016 should work.
- Windows: Windows 10 Creators Update or newer (1706) is required. Please check out this video for instructions. If your computer does not have Bluetooth then you can use this USB adapter.
The following camera models are supported:
- GoPro Hero 5 Black Edition
- GoPro Hero 5 Session
- GoPro Hero 6 Black Edition
- GoPro Hero 7 White/Silver/Black Edition
- GoPro Hero 8 Black Edition
- GoPro Hero 9 Black Edition
- GoPro Fusion (360°)
- GoPro Max (360°)
You can find instructions here.